Kanchanaburi Tour: WWII memorial
RIVER KWAI BRIDGE & WORLD WAR II MEMMORIAL TOUR
Private Package Tour Price: Start from ฿ 1,350 for Adult and ฿1,200 for Child
Frequency: Every morning
Departure: 07:00-18:00 hrs.
Program & Itinirary
The River Kwai Bridge
Kanchanaburi is known for the home of famous bridge River Kwai. During the WWII Japanese army constructed the railway line from Bangpong Thailand to Thanbyuzayat Burma. Because the line passing through the difficult terrain, there were thousands of slave labors lost their lives. For this reason, this railway is called the "Death Railway".
This railway was made on the purpose of daily cargo transportation of Japanese army to India which could support the army’s attacking India plan. The POWs (prisoner of war) and Asian slave laborers, whom were the main laborers of this construction, were treat unfavorable and cruelly in the camps in Thai raining jungle where was difficult to live. Therefore, many of them died during working for this construction.
- 07:00 hrs Meet your English-speaking guide in the hotel's lobby.
- Depart for Kanchanaburi, located 128 kilometers (80 miles) west of Bangkok. It is Thailand's third largest province with an area of 19,486 square kilometers. The provincial area is mountaineous and has the west border next to Myanmar
- 09:30 hrs Visit JEATH War Museum, a realistic depiction of prisoner of war living quarters, with photographic, pictorial and physical memorabilia dating from World War II.
- 09:30 hrs Continue to Kanchanaburi War Cemetery It contains the remains of 6,982 war prisoners (mostly the British, Dutch, Australian and American) who lost their lives during the construction of the Bridge over the River Kwai and the railway to Burma (the Death Railway).
- 10:00 hrs Then visit world-famous Bridge over the River Kwai, a part of the Death Railway constructed by Allied prisoners of war. Take leisurely walks around town and pictures on the world-renowned Death Railway.
- 10:45 hrs Train ride on Death Railway through magnificent scenery, passing over the original wooden viaduct constructed by Allied POWs.
- 12:30 hrs Arrived at Tham Krasea: A buffet lunch is served at the riverside restaurant.
- 14:00 hrs After lunch, free at leisure.
- 15:30 hrs Leave form Kanchanaburi pass green paddy fields, villages, and temples then return to bangkok.
- 19:00 hrs Arrive the hotel.
......................................... End Of Service .............................
- Sight Seeing Tour as program above
- An English speaking guide
- All admission fee as stated in program.
- Air condition vehicles with Experienced driver
- Lunch at restaurant
- Transfer to / From hotel
Private Package Tour Price - Rate per Adult (Rate in Thai Bath)
|1 PAX||2 PAX||3 PAX||4 PAX||5 PAX||6 PAX||7 PAX||8 PAX||9 -10PAX||JOIN WITH GROUP|
- Rate per child is 1,200 Bath per child
- The above rate for child apply to those between the height of 90-130 CM.
- Children under 90 CM will be admitted free of charge.
- Children who those are higher than 130 CM are chaged normal price as Adult
- Personal expenses such as drinks, tips, laundry, etc
- All Optional Tour
- Other services not mentioned in the program
- Show schedule is subject to change with out prior annocement.
- Private tour: itinerary is flexible.Pick up time is normally fixed but can be flexible upon customer's convenience.
- Exact pick up time will be confirmed via e-mail
- Dropping time can not confirmable. It depends on situation and traffic.
- You can make a full payment(cash) directly at our guide up on meeting at the hotel
Please leave us a message
If you are interesting this tour, please you leave us your information like your name and last name, contact number, e-mail, the amount of members of your group, the date of traveling, and the name and address of the hotel in Bangkok in the contact form below here, so we will contact you back as soon as possible.
ONLINE BOOKING | ENQUIRY FROM
Hot Line & WhatsAPP to Mr.Frank +66(0)917308740
Facebook business page: http://www.facebook/BookingBangkokTour1